Wednesday 29 May 2013

Crash @ Cork Airport 29 May 2013

CRASH AT CORK AIRPORT MAY 2013

At approx 1350 on 29 May 2013, EI-CMT, a training aircraft from flight school Atlantic Flight Centre based at the aircraft crashed on main RWY17/35. The aircraft was caught by the wind on finals RWY35, and veered off the path of the runway. It got back on course but when it touched down and skidded, there was a loud screeching noise and then a loud bang. After a while I discovered the aircraft wasn't coming back up to taxi into the club. Then on my ATC radio, "Charlie Mike Tango, help is on the way." Then after about 2mins a jeep speeded out towards the runway, followed by 2 flashing Cork Airport Fire & Rescue Engines. I then got out of my car and crossed the road to see what had happened. The nose wheel of the aircraft had collapsed. I have a picture of it here, but it very blury because of the distance I was from the incident.

Look closely you can see the red fire engine and the white plane sticking up in the air.








No comments:

Post a Comment